Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO WE BOOK WITH YOU?
- Once you’ve decided that I’m the one, I will send over all the booking details, including my contract, your invoice and a questionnaire! Once you’ve signed your agreement and sent over the deposit, you’re officially in possession of a wedding photographer!
CAN WE UPGRADE OUR PACKAGE?
- Absolutely! Sometimes you aren’t sure how long you may need me! I only book one wedding per day, and it’s all yours! If you decided closer to your date that you’d like to have me longer, we can upgrade your package or add hours on!
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A PANDEMIC?
- 2020, the year that shook us all! I learned a lot through Covid19, and while we are still working through it, my main goal remains the same. To document your wedding day, whatever that may look like. I have a policy in my contract regarding Covid19. While I do base it on a case by case situation, this is my general policy.
** IF your wedding is cancelled due to Covid19 (or any pandemic) restrictions NOT allowing you to perform a ceremony:
- I (the photographer) would not be able to provide you with the services agreed upon.
-You are NOT responsible for paying out the remaining balance of your invoice.
-Your deposit is non-refundable, BUT if you are postponing to a new date, and me (the photographer) IS ALSO available, it may be transferred.
**IF the client (that’s you) chooses to cancel or postpone, and Covid19 restrictions still allow you to have a ceremony:
-The photographer (me) is still able to perform the services agreed upon.
-You ARE responsible for paying the remaining balance on your invoice if it is within 60 days of your wedding date.
- I try to be as flexible as possible! If you have any concerns, please reach out!
WHAT HAPPENS AT MY ENGAGEMENT SESSION (COUPLES SESSION)?
- I call engagement sessions date night sessions because that’s basically what it is! We figure out what you love to do, and where and we go do that! And I document it! It’s an enjoyable way to get to know each other, connect, and get some epic photos to share and use for your wedding day.
BOOKING YOUR ENGAGEMENT SESSION?
- Once you've signed your contract and you're officially booked ( yahoo! ) we can set a date for your engagement session. I highly recommend picking a spot that is special to the two of you. It could be a family cabin, spot by the lake, your own home, or even a special place in the city! I can also help with finding the right location if you need. For more info on this check out my blog post on what an engagement session is, and how to prep!
WHAT TIME OF DAY DO YOU LIKE TO DO ENGAGEMENT SESSIONS?
- GOLDEN HOUR, BABY! I freaking love shooting about an hour before sunset, best light ever! If that doesn’t work best for you two, then we find a time that does!!
CAN YOU HELP US PLAN OUR TIMELINE?
- YOU BET! I have photographed lots of weddings, and I’ve seen many layouts! We can schedule a consult, go over your ideas and any other details and help curate a wicked timeline.
CAN YOU RECOMMEND VENDORS?
- Can I ever! I have a list full of amazing vendors that would love to be a part of your day! Check it out here
DO YOU TRAVEL?
- Be still my beating heart, I do. I will legit go wherever you want to say I DO! I have travelled to Mexico, Palm Springs, Vancouver Island and the Interior of BC many times for weddings and sessions!
WHAT IS YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY STYLE OR APPROACH?
- Part of connecting with my couples is really learning who they are and what their vibe is. This helps me put a plan together for how I’m going to document their day. I would say my style is a blend of traditional photographs, candid, with rich storytelling. I really love to capture the moment and see where the room takes us. The moments where it’s awkward or not so beautiful are still so full of emotion. Of course, I have a set of images I take as a “standard,” but as I said earlier, if posed is your thing, we may not be a great fit.
WHY DO YOU HAVE A SECOND SHOOTER IN YOUR PACKAGES?
- Having a second set of eyes is extremely helpful, and as quick as I can be, I’m only one person. I choose second photographers with similar personalities to myself, and they help me document your wedding to the fullest!
WHY DO YOU NEED MY HOME ADDRESS?
- Your package includes some items like USB drives and Albums, and I’ll need to mail them to you!
PLUS - I love sending little gifts along the way; keep your eyes out for fun stuff in your mailbox!
CAN YOU DO A VENUE TOUR WITH US?
- If I haven’t shot at your venue yet, then absolutely! We can even turn this into another consolation or check-in date if you’re up for me third wheeling!
WILL YOU ATTEND YOUR REHEARSAL?
- I don’t typically, but if this is something you would like documented, we can add it as a service to your invoice!